LEAD Academy is an intensive 12-module training experience using innovative tools and experiential learning to empower recently hired, newly appointed or previously untrained health care leaders to better understand and use their strengths. Designed for health care supervisors and managers, LEAD is built on the underlying principle that effective leadership requires productive relationships to support excellence in patient care, sustainable business objectives and a safe patient environment.
LEAD Academy sessions provide a safe environment to practice newly learned skills and align work goals and actions to support the broader vision of the organization. Engaging activities guide participants through the process of understanding differing leadership styles and overcoming the distinct challenges of being a leader. Specific program focus areas include:
- Supporting the development of others
- Managing and developing a successful organization
At the conclusion of the LEAD Academy, participating health care managers will be able to:
- Improve the performance of the people and groups that report to them
- Enhance their contribution to the achievement of facility and system objectives
- Increase their own self-management skills during every day and stressful situations
To register, visit: https://wshaconnect.wsha.org/LEAD/Pages/default.aspx
Pamela Cunningham is a Six Sigma Black Belt skilled at blending the technical with the human side of high performance. A highly regarded trainer, Pam conducted leadership training for clinical and non-clinical managers for private- and public-sector health care organizations including Marquette General Health System, BCBS Michigan, Metro Healthcare and CIGNA. She also has advised hospital executives on how to quickly and effectively resolve various organizational issues in such organizations as Lutheran, St. Vincent and Baptist Hospitals.
Marcey Uday-Riley, MSW, CPT, has been a human performance and organization development consultant for more than 25 years. For many years, Marcey was a clinical behaviorist and manager in a large, urban teaching hospital. She now helps organizations across multiple industries achieve business objectives as a consultant and trainer. She has provided executive, manager and leader training for multiple facilities.
- The total cost for the 12-module program is $1,975. This includes course materials, and a DISC assessment, as well as follow-up tools and a certificate of completion for each module. There is a 10 percent discount for organizations with three or more participants. Organizations who would like to send more than 10 people through the program may want to consider bringing the program in house.
For more information:
Education Program Manager